It is ten days before my little girl is half a year old. Crawling, teeth (so not looking forward to those), crib-sleeping (if Shawn gets his way) and starting solids are on their way. Out of all of these, starting solids is the most exciting to me. Not that I won't be jumping up and down like a crazy woman when those first little teefers say hello or she decides to crawl toward her favorite Fisher-Price doodad, but solids mean Mama won't be the only one that has to jump up and run to the little monster every time her tummy growls.
Thank you six months old, you are allowing me twenty more minutes of "me-time" (even though we all know "me-time" is actually "Mama-trying-to-finish-a-craft-for-baby-time"). I wanted to be able to feed her sweet potatoes by Christmas, so I thought I would start on the cereal today. Since it is still ten days away from her initial feeding day (wow that sounds anal), and my brain has been on all things Christmas, we still have not picked up her high chair or baby bowls yet, so Bumbo and paper bowl it was!
Here's how it went...
 |
| oatmeal, banana and mommymilk! |
 |
| she seemed to be more interested in her bib more than anything |
 |
| attempting her first bite |
 |
| not sure how she feels about it |
 |
| i think she likes it! |
 |
| trying to eat what fell on her bib... |
 |
| then went straight for the bowl. |
 |
| stole the bowl from me, and i had to take a quick pic before the floor got the rest of it |
 |
| wasn't too happy with me taking it from her |
 |
| so another bite... |
 |
| and she was all smiles again. |
 |
| she loves it! |
|
|
Starting solids was a success! Lets just hope teething is just as fun (first-time mommies are allowed to be this optimistic)!
so happy she liked it!
ReplyDeletei DO suggest that you let shawn have his way with the whole sleeping thing. i let michael have his way for a year. (michael wanted him to sleep with us) just weeks ago i made kane sleep in his crib all night. he would always get up screaming and come to bed with us. it caused all of us to not sleep through the night and this little stinker can kick. oh my goodness- i had bruises to prove it. it gets so much worse. we finally had to let kane cry through the wake up at night- that's torture. (we had to do that for 2 weeks until he stopped waking himself up) you don't want that!! michael gets upset that he can't snuggle with him anymore but we don't want a 7 year old in bed with us!
good luck mama! she's adorable!
Thank you! I know I'm in trouble, I should have started her crib sleeping way earlier! I'll miss the cuddles too though! :)
ReplyDelete