Baby Elle,
Life with you this month has been better than the last (if that's even possible). Each day you grow into a happier and more independent little girl. For example...
you love when Daddy hovers you over the top of Mama's head. You grab yourself a great big handful of hair just dying to be pulled and proceed to laugh hysterically. I think Daddy finds this a little too amusing as well. Maybe we'll start playing this with Daddy so he can see how fun it is too!
you are not crawling yet; instead, you push off of whatever you can get those little monkey toes on, and proceed to flop around like a fish to whatever it is you're pining after. It actually seems to work well. You have Mama repeatedly up and on her toes, and her lack of a gym membership thanks you for it.
you can sit up although you choose not to. You sit up for a minute and then try to crawl (or "fish-flop) your way to something else in your line of sight. Maybe once you master the crawling-to-sitting technique you'll choose to do it more often.
we don't know your weight exactly yet, but I will guess around 18 pounds. We'll find out in 2 weeks! You were almost 27 inches long a month and a half ago, so we'll go with 28 now. I'm probably way off, but for some reason those numbers sound good to me!
you still insist on napping on me (and are doing so this very moment). I know I said I wanted you to be a mama's girl, but I fear I'm setting us up for major separation anxiety later. Not to mention, you have a beautiful, brand new crib in your very own room that has to be more comfy. Trust me, this breaks my heart too, I love our cuddles more than you know.
you are still in size three diapers. Diaper changes are becoming a little bit more challenging; you don't always want to lie still. This means more laundry for Mama and a changing-table-strap project for Daddy.
you went swimming for the first time this month and loved it! It's a little ironic you were born in June and didn't end up in the pool until November. Mama just didn't want your little newborn body submersed in chlorine until you were an older little munchkin. I think it was worth the wait!
"yeah", and "ha-nah" are your go-to words now. You are trying your hardest to get "dada" out (Daddy swears he's heard it twice) and I know I hear "Mama" every time you are crying. You know exactly how to pull at my heart strings don't you little one?
all you want for Christmas are your two bottom teeth. At least I think you do. You have become more fussy at times and are attached to me more than usual. We have started giving you teething tablets and it seems to be helping. You don't let me look too often, but I'm going to try to see if I can snap a photo for some real evidence soon.
You laugh at our jokes.
I think you are going to have a great sense of humor. You think it's hilarious to pull your blanket over your face and then crack up when we pull it off you. Honestly, we don't like this game too much baby girl, so I'm hoping you find a less dangerous way to be funny soon.
you are officially a cereal eater! We tried oatmeal with bananas and you did so well. Hopefully next week you'll be just as enthused about peas. Mama and Daddy are so not ready for stinky diapers yet, so please try and break us in gently.
you have discovered your jumperoo is for jumping.
And...
![]() |
| look Mama! can't breathe... |
![]() |
| just kidding! |
you are our perfect lil' five-month-old.




No comments:
Post a Comment