Wednesday, December 22, 2010

not your ordinary ornaments

A few years back, I was walking down the Christmas isles at Target when all these bright, glitzy ornaments caught my eye. I had to have them all! Why I thought I absolutely needed a flamingo or ballet slipper on my tree is beyond me now, but at the time they were necessities. 

Now that I am a wife and mother, I would love a tree that tells a story. (Don't worry, once Elle has her Elle's in Onederland party Mr. Flamingo will probably have a home on our tree.)

Well, thanks to the Mr., we already have two perfect ornaments to start out with...


All that was needed to complete 2010 was Elle's first ornament.

Baby's first ornament can come in many forms. I thought of  baby carriages or angels, maybe even something with her picture, but then it hit me! I'll make something to go with her stocking! I came across this lovely tutorial and the rest is history. I thought it was perfect for her first ornament because not only is it roses (her birth flower), it's also adorned with pearls, which are her birthstone. Perfect.

Here's how it came out...




Can't wait to see what's in store for us next year!

1 comment: