Friday, December 10, 2010

christmas card crafting

 Elle's first Christmas wouldn't have been complete without her very own Christmas card, so yesterday was spent trying to accomplish that. I had been so busy with the Thanksgiving holiday, it actually slipped my mind. I had planned on taking Christmas photos, I just completely forgot about sticking said photos on a card for all to enjoy! Unfortunately, the outfit I had planned on making her for Christmas had elements that still haven't arrived on my doorstep yet, forcing me to improvise (I don't want my Christmas cards coming in, when the Christmas trees are on their way out).

Instead of the tutu and Christmas-bow headband I originally planned, we went with a jean skirt and big, floppy, white, flower headband that was super easy to make. 

The shirt plan stayed the same...

 



I should have used a brighter red for the stitching, but I didn't want to re-thread the machine. That's how big of a hurry I was in, or it was pure laziness, either way, I used dark red thread and was still happy with how it turned out. I snapped a couple photos right before she had an explosive diaper; that was the end of our session AND her festive onesie (don't worry, I'll spare you those photos). I guess this gives me an excuse to still make her tutu, bow and another shirt for Christmas day!

Here's another I made quickly that was out of the line of fire...

should look cute with her jeans
And here's a lil' Christmas card preview, I hope they get here soon!


I love this little Elle-f!

2 comments:

  1. i love her shirts!!! where did you get that idea from? if you came up with it on your own you need to sell them! so cute! just thought of another reason why i want a girl- her aunt danielle can make all her cute clothes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I would love to make her clothes! I'll be a pro at tutus and bows by then! lol
    Oh and I knew I wanted to do a present on her shirt (easier to sew), so I googled "present shirt" and then did my own version. So easy to make!

    ReplyDelete