Monday, December 27, 2010

the best gifts in life are free (or under fifty bucks)

Buying the perfect present for Shawn had been my number one Christmas to-do in the past. This of course was before baby Elle arrived. We both decided this year we wouldn't go crazy on one another in the gift-giving department, and instead work on making Elle's first Christmas one to remember. Although gifts weren't the main attraction of this year's Christmas, I still wanted to share a few of my favorites...

her jammies from auntie Kel (that's the tushy flap)
her first bible from her Nani

And my most favorite gift from Shawnee to me...

it's an advent calendar which I adore on it's own...
and each box had a special trinket and note
a few of our memories
The crazy part about it was, I saw the calender when I was out shopping and fell in love. I was going to go back out and grab it after Christmas, but good thing I didn't because he surprised me with it (I had never even shown it to him). Each day had a memory from our relationship, starting with the day we met and a adorable note to match. It ended with a picture of our little Elle and of course a few tears from my sappy self.

It truly was the best gift I have ever received and I look forward to sharing it with Elle one day.

Shawn received his most precious gift too, and as much as I would like to take credit for it, It was Elle's doing. She said dada for the first time yesterday, it may have been a day late, but it was well worth the wait.

How will they ever top these next year?

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!!! Tell him to give Michael some pointers!!! Lol jk I always wanted those pjs for Kane! Someone gave him some but they said stand back 200 feet! Lol

    ReplyDelete