Monday, November 8, 2010

becoming oh sew crafty

I have always been eager to learn new things. I would also like to master said new things within hours. To the shock and dismay of many, this doesn't always happen. A slobbering lil' monkey permanently attached to my hip may have something to do with this, but the jury is still out on that.  

The current trade I am eager to conquer is sewing; unfortunately, at this moment in time, words like "interfacing", "applique" and "straight-stitch" mean absolutely nothing to me. On the other hand, words like "no-sew" and "stitch-free" have become my best friend, keeping me feeling crafty and my domestically-challenged ego intact. 

I present to you my lil' autumn fairy, complete with headband AND tutu made entirely by mama...






Martha Stewart eat your heart out.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so beautiful! Don't worry we'll master this crafty thing and Elle will have more clothes than she could possibly ever want.

    ReplyDelete