Thursday, November 4, 2010

birthday & "birthday" fun


When Shawn and I were just friends we would watch movies at my apartment together. One movie in particular was the 40-year-old virgin. I had briefly mentioned that I loved the part where Andy and Trish are on a date at the Japanese restaurant and Trish tells the waiter it's Andy's birthday. I just thought it was really cute.

Well, when Shawn took me out on our first date, he took me to Benihana. It was a surprise the entire ride there and I was so excited to see where we ended up (I had never been before). The food and the atmosphere were perfect, but the ending of the night was the best part (you can probably guess what happened). I was bombarded with the lovely and equally embarrassing birthday song just like Andy (and in true 40-year old virgin fashion, our first date was not on my birthday)!  It was the perfect ending to the perfect date.

And they lived happily ever after...

Our first date
I wish they would have gotten a lil' more us and a lil' less stains on the wall.
Our first date out after baby
Again with the poor photography, but hey it's a free photo.

And lastly...




Shawn's birthday dinner

We also spent our last fancy meal out before baby Elle arrived here as well, but unfortunately didn't get a picture. We did however, get a lovely tip to "enjoy your last bit of freedom while you can".

Happy birthday Shawnee! Your girls love you very much.

2 comments:

  1. Omg!!! Obviously just now backtracking on all your blogs so forget the whole sewing thing. Unless you've learned!! Benihanas is our favorite place!!! One of ours first dates and the last meal b4 we checked into the hospital to have Kane!! Too weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird!! Actually, Victor was the first person to take Shawn when he was younger and he loved it. Our favorite place too!!

    ReplyDelete