Baby Elle,
You are four months old. The consensus seems to be two things: number one, you have the most perfect ears a baby could have and number two, you are such a happy baby. I agree with both.
You only cry when you are fighting sleep (we understand, you don't want to miss a thing; Daddy and I can be quite a hoot), and also when you want to see life from mommy's point of view, i.e., you wanna be picked up.
You are still sleeping with us. I know I originally said only until three months, but I convinced Daddy six is a much better number.
You frequently flip over in your "rock and play" and peek up at whatever is behind you (pictures to come).
You are constantly changing positions on your tummy-time blankie. I blink and you're on your tummy, on your back, on your side, on your tummy again, to the right, to the left, you name it, you do it.
You are mobile without crawling; although, I fear this is soon to come. Please keep in mind Mama hasn't made it to Target for baby-proofing supplies just yet.
Your little baby hiney only fits in size three diapers now and your wise mommy was right, you are in the 95th percentile for height and weigh 16 lbs! Mama is ALWAYS right though, remember that.
Your healthy appetite has lead you to believe an index finger shoved in your mouth while simultaneously breastfeeding is now the way to go. Mama prefers it without the baby nail scratching at her bits during feeding-time, but hey, anything for my baby.
You also started an even less appealing habit of chomping down with your gums during breastfeeding. I am praying you will learn the word "no" before an adorable baby tooth decides to make its debut.
Your love for your toes makes it impossible to keep socks on you. It's hard for me to fight this though when those beautiful monkey toes are staring back at me; I guess feety pajamas are now going to have to be a staple in your wardrobe.
You have finally shown an interest in Baby Einstein, but still much rather prefer watching faces on the boob tube.
You get even more excited if faces, e.g., noses, cheeks and chins are firmly within your abnormally strong baby grasp.
You are strong. Very strong. I've known this since the day you were born. You were being a squirmy wormy, fighting all the hooplah that comes with inspecting and cleaning up a newborn when the nurses exclaimed, "oh my this baby is extremely strong". Shortly after I sternly replied "Don't drop her", I got to see for myself.
You have started doing baby sit-ups.
You suck your thumb. Sometimes it's your thumb and a finger or two, but for the most part, you suck your thumb.
You suck your thumb. Sometimes it's your thumb and a finger or two, but for the most part, you suck your thumb.
You show me new sounds everyday but have yet to form an actual word; although, Daddy swears you exchange I love you all the time. I like to think you do.
You continually give me reasons everyday to become more and more obsessed with you.
Your laugh is infectious for both Mama and Daddy. We can't get enough of it, causing us to attack your tummy and neck with kisses whenever you allow it.
You mimic us and are what I believe to be the smartest baby in the whole wide world.
Your two favorite toys are now my cell phone and laptop. You are quite the hacker. I have to say I had no idea what sticky keys or private browsing were until you. Maybe one day you'll show me how to turn them off.
You are our perfect lil' four-month-old.


No comments:
Post a Comment