Tuesday, December 7, 2010

o christmas tree, o christmas tree

Christmas just isn't the same without the smell of pine smacking you in the face upon entering your home. As children, Shawn and I were both lucky enough to experience cutting down our own trees every year. We plan on making this our family tradition as well; however, this year we decided a pre-cut tree was more realistic for us. I do have to say a pre-cut tree is still a step up from our non-existent tree last year, and an artificial the year before that. 

Like I said, there really is no substitute for the real thing. (I say this before my pine-needle-cleaning arms convince me otherwise). We decided we are a Noble Fir family and I am very happy with our choice. As an adult, I've always wanted to try out the fancy-pants look (that's the technical term for a coordinating, themed tree), and the Noble Fir says fancy to me. If nothing else, it looks more hearty and like it would shed less (if you hate vacuuming as much as I do, you see how that is a selling point).

Anyhoo, I'm embarrassed to say Home Depot was our one-stop shop for all things tree this year, BUT, I really am liking the finished product. I know I'll put more effort into the decorating next year, and in my true obsessive fashion, probably over-think every ornament placement till I'm blue in the face, but this year we put a lovely tree together in the time it took Ellie Bear to grab some afternoon shuteye, and I have to say I am proud of my spur-of-the-moment decor decisions. I didn't have the luxury of planning every tree detail and guess what? Everything turned out okay!

tree selection. not as lovely as a snow-capped forest, but Elle loved it just the same.
loading onto the truck. she's happy about our noble fir decision.
all of our livin'-in-the-moment goodies! i'm so proud of myself!


I spy my little eye snapping a photo


our first of two keepsakes from my hubby
the second-so sweet


our first little family tree together
Maybe I won't be studying the art of tree-decorating next year after-all. Thank you Home Depot, you have earned a special place in my heart.


2 comments:

  1. so glad you blog too!!! i love blogging! i'm about to respond to your email.
    btw your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blogging too! Thanks about the tree it was such a spur-of-the-moment thing but I wanted Elle to have one for her first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete