Thursday, March 3, 2011

love is patient...

so it doesn't mind when it takes you a week to write about it right?

Last Saturday, I celebrated my one year anniversary with the man whom I share my life. He is amazing. We are in love.

We dined at our usual place for special celebrations i.e., Benihana, also the home of our first date which made it aptly appropriate. 

The seating arrangement was a little interesting with a pair of twenty-something (going on twelve) intoxicated men to our right and a seventy-something (going on sixteen; the dress was extremely short and extremely pink) straight across from us. 

Scallops, lobster, fillet mignon (which is french for 'dainty fillet', isn't that cute?) and heaps of fried rice filled our tummies. Heaven.

I'm a very traditional girl in a lot of ways (says the girl with an eight-month-old discussing her one year anniversary, eek) and was adamant about exchanging a traditional gift. Paper was the inspiration and as usual the hubby did not disappoint. 

Here's where I embarrassingly proclaim my love for gossip mags that sadly have been missin' out on my business since baby's arrival. But fear not ole' friends, I now have a brand new subscription to US Weekly and even more fuel for the "baby-fever" fire those celebrity babies so love to ignite.

Even sweeter, I received my own little book of adorableness. I'm not sure how else to describe it. It was a fill-in-the-blank book about our love and it had me laughing and crying, and that's when you know it's a good one.

Not sure how my (attempt at an) origami heart held up to those gems, but he showed enthusiasm nonetheless. (Don't worry they had tickets inside.)

Here's to love and many more years of it...

before we painted the town red
And here's to baby sprouting her first lil' chomper...


Boy do I love her and that one-toothed smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment