Friday, March 11, 2011

life at eight months

Baby Elle,

Your mommy is absolutely exhausted, but it's that time for your monthly stats so I won't disappoint...

You can finally join the rest of us with teeth! You have the cutest mismatched bottom teeth I have ever seen. I'm not gonna lie, they can hurt Mama at times, but don't you worry. I promise I won't wean you just yet. 

You are growing like a weed.

You are busy like a bee (thus Mama's exhaustion); so busy in fact our baby-proofing went a little overboard. It looks like we're housing a mental patient, e.g., rubber all over the walls, furniture etc. Our psychotic home decor is well worth your safety.

Your a jumping, splashing, screaming maniac.

You have an obsession with baby wipes. Forget your pricey Fisher Price gadgets, you'll take a Kirkland wipe over them any day.

"The Itsy Bitsy Spider" & "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" are your favorite "normal" songs, but you still prefer Mama's own renditions of nursery rhymes sang to the tune of Christmas carols. Sounds strange, but you love 'em.

You are almost in the cruising stage of babyhood. You can stand for about two seconds by yourself without toppling over. I know you are so anxious to start walking. Soon enough baby, soon enough.

You laugh at the sight of your bathtub.

You are weary of men. You love all of your aunties but it takes you a bit to warm up to the men in your life. Of course, this does not include Daddy.

You take two naps and sleep through the night, still in our bed and still need to brake that habit.

You are trusting. So much in fact, you try your hardest to leap off of our bed (arms in flight like Superman) on a regular basis. Luckily Mama is quick like a cat or you probably wouldn't be trying so hard. I guess this shows you're virtually accident free!

You have Mama's puffy top lip.

You have your daddy's eyes.

And...
















You are our perfect lil' eight-month-old.

1 comment:

  1. thank you darling for your lovely comment on my blog!
    our little Elle's are both so beautiful.
    when i found you i knew i just had to add you.
    i think i read most of your blog all at once!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete