Baby Elle,
Mama nearly forgot you may want to look back on your life at seven months, and there are no stats on what's been happening with you! By the time you are reading this, you may not remember all the fun things that were keeping Mama so busy, so let hopefully this will refresh your memory...
You're calling me by name. It's not always the name we have been practicing, at times, it's more of a Wa-Wa and usually comes with some tears, but either way we know who you're summoning.
V's, L's, D's, B's and M's are your go-to consonants for the month, and you have recently started saying "yeah". I'm not sure you know what it means but it's still the cutest thing to hear you respond to our questions with an oblivious "yeah". Melts my heart every time.
Fetch is one of your favorite games to play with Mama, you being the one to throw, and I being the one to retrieve. Maybe we can start taking turns soon?
You can roll, sit, crawl and drag your soft, squishy limbs to-and-fro your favorite goodies (this we know), but now you have successfully managed to climb up Mama and Daddy (and parts of the couch) to a standing position! This is exciting and terrifying all at the same time.
As for teeth, you still don't got 'em; however, your bottom gums do have two tiny slivers of white toying with the idea of saying hello. A few more weeks, and I believe they will be brave enough to introduce themselves.
Your neglected crib finally knows the joy of housing your sweet, exhausted body for naps. Mama has enjoyed the handful of times you've taken advantage of this new sleeping ground, but you still fight it to the bitter end. I know they say pick your battles, but I'm really hoping you raise the white flag on this crib conflict soon.
Oatmeal has not been too kind to you. Our trip to emergency awhile back (brought on by excessive vomiting) is now looking like it's cause was oatmeal. I say this because you were just fed oatmeal about an our before said vomiting, and secondly, because the introduction of an apple/oatmeal treat recently, caused you to spit up more than usual once again. Mama's praying it's not an allergy and you'll outgrow it with time.
You adore music. This doesn't surprise me because you do come from a long line of musicians (Mama will tell you more about this later). Commercials, radio, singing, humming, basically anything with a melody, strikes your fancy. Maybe you will be able to live out Mama's dream of playing the piano (no pressure though I promise).
You discovered splashing.
Several times, you have woke from a nap, grabbed the remote from us, and immediately gone back to sleep. Literally within seconds, and literally one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I wish I could capture it on film.
You sing, La La La La....mostly when you're unhappy. Could it have been all that Miranda Lambert "More Like Her" or Beyonce "Broken-Hearted Girl" Mama incessantly played while growing you? Music doesn't always have to be sad little one, I hope I haven't conditioned you with my love for rhythm & blues.
You're strong.
You're happy.
And most of all, for two more days...
You are our perfect lil' seven-month-old.


That picture is precious :)
ReplyDeleteThis is SO sweet! I think she will really love having this memory when she gets older!
ReplyDelete