Friday, February 18, 2011

drive-ins. not just a place to 'round second base.

Dinner and a movie used to be Shawn and I's "thing". I realize this is an activity many people partake in, but we did it abnormally often. Too much probably. We were very blessed in the area of time spent with one another. Our schedules made it possible to have date nights about four nights a week, sometimes more. It actually got so frequent that we actually struggled in the area of conversation because we had been in each other's faces most of the day.  Every day. All week. All the time.

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful were able to have that time together as husband and wife. We made sure of it in fact, because all I kept hearing from mommies all over the world was "get those dates in now, cause once baby gets here, it's a whole 'nother story." They weren't kidding. 

Fast forward eight months to baby girl snoozing in the back seat from a fun-filled day of errand running. Normally when this happens, I immediately ask the Mr. if there is anything we missed. I do this because I would like for Elle to get as much sleep as possible before we attempt to yank her car seat out of the peaceful vehicle that is so graciously saving my body from it's baby-napping duties. Then it hit me.

Of course! Why hadn't I thought of it before? The drive-in! The perfect place for Mommy and Daddy to see the latest blockbuster all the while baby sleeps in the back. Even if little baby wakes, I can feed her no problem and she won't disturb anyone else who came to enjoy the movie! Plus, my stained shirt and rats nest hair is perfectly acceptable, if not encouraged (okay maybe not encouraged).

Here's some blurry snippets from my baby-friendly version of dinner and a movie...

right when we arrived, before the sun fully set.

same photo but Elle assisted with this one.

movie starting...the sky was beautiful. (and in real life movie was visible.)

baby girl loved being a big girl in the front seat.

she had so much fun!
It really was a blast! It's such a nice atmosphere being outside watching a movie, looking like a mommy that may be without a brush or makeup from time to time, having the comfort of easily feeding baby and enjoying some quality hubby time when baby drifts back off to sleep.

Thank you drive-in for bringing back the date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment