Wednesday, January 19, 2011

attack of the velcro baby

I'm guessing Elle will have the same passion for music and singing as her mama; she definitely has a set of lungs on her that's for sure. She's been testing out those babies for the last couple days now, and I wish I could say her new found noise was cute. It's not. She literally screams at the top of her lungs like a banshee until she's in my arms. Not crying. Yelling. Like a grown little woman reprimanding her hubby for leaving the toilet seat up, again.  

I honestly had no idea there was such a thing as the terrible 7 months.

Almost non-existent naps and soon-to-sprout chompers are the makings of a baby that so desperately needs to be glued to her mommy, we call her Velcro Baby. If I ever lose an arm in a tragic accident (God forbid) I'll be ready. (It's amazing what you can do with one free-hand if you put your mind to it.) As much as I love feeling needed by my little bundle of love, I miss my left arm. 

The moment I put her down, the tears start flowing. I thought maybe a change of scenery might do us both a bit of good, and since the weather has been lovely, I thought a trip to the park would be just what we needed. 

And it seemed to work, until I tried to give ole' lefty a little break...



 But wait! There's more!

 



Hurry up and break through tiny teeth! My little angel needs you! Her daddy misses their cuddles, her camera misses her smile, and my right arm misses it's partner in crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment