Tuesday, February 8, 2011

super weekend

The weather has been so busy setting record temps this week that it's making anything indoors seem unbearable (this includes blogging). I actually had to break out the sandals and vodka and caviar (don't worry, just my favorite nail polish color) for the trip to church. There honestly is nothing better than a gorgeous sunny day filled with Jesus, open-toed shoes and after-church McDonalds. Heaven. 

That was just the precursor to the in-laws stopping by for some pizza and pigskin watchin'. (Thank goodness for breastfeeding or I'd probably be five hundred pounds. Mommy promises to start eating better baby Elle.) We were having a lovely time until Ms. Aguilera belted out the National Anthem. I am not sure if it was the botched lyrics or the notes she tried to hit because of it, but either way baby girl was distraught. I have never seen her burst into tears from anyone singing, but that's exactly what she did. The Packers won (Yay!) and for the first time this winter we all drifted off with every window in the house open. I loved it.

Rewind a little bit to Saturday and baby girl and I were spending time, sixty whole minutes in fact, with my lovely friend Christina. I spent fifteen minutes filling her in on the Girouard happenings and the remainder of the time trying to convince her why she needs to have a baby asap. Besides the fact that she would be an amazing mommy, Elle is in the hunt for a bff. Hopefully my girl's big bow and baby blues got her mommy-clock tickin'! One can dream.

This weekend I was able to spend time with amazing friends, enjoy gorgeous weather, laugh with hilarious family, love a husband that never ceases to amaze me, and raise a daughter that is more perfect than I could have imagined. This weekend there was no stressing. No planning. No over-analyzing. Pure LOVEliness.

And speaking of LOVE (smooth transition right?)...

I made Elle's v-day shirt. Now if only Mr. Sun would go away for awhile, so I can finish her tutu...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that shirt is absolutely adorable!! You are SO talented! You should definitely think about selling those...if you don't already!!

    ReplyDelete